Fortnite Main Battle Royal Mode Was Thought up in the Back of an Uber

/ 6 hours ago

No matter who you are or where you are it’s pretty sure thing that you’ve heard of Fortnite or at least know what it is since 2017 it’s been pretty much everywhere it was even in Endgame when Marvel was at its height.

When I refer to Fortnite, I’m talking about the battle royale version. Before that, it was a standard base-building zombie game. However, the release of the battle royale mode was what really made the game the titan it is today.

Fortnite

Looking back you’d be forgiven for thinking that the battle royal mode was some master plan at Epic Games but it turns out it was just dumb luck. Some people riding in the back of an Uber decided at the last minute to try to jump on the hype of PUBG.

What They Had to Say

“The four of us were in the back of an Uber in California,” Mustard says, describing a car ride with Tim Sweeney, Paul Meegan, and Kim Libreri. Mustard reveals that: “In that car, we decided. We’re like: ‘We’re doing it, we’re going to re-task the team, we’re going to put it in Fortnite, we’re going to make a battle royale.”

Mustard says he and his team had “like, three hours” to come up with a design document, which he started work on right there in the back of the car: “A school bus is going by us in traffic, and I’m like: Players are going to be on a bus in the sky and we’re going to jump out of it.”

As stupid as all of this sounds and was it’s undeniable that it worked.

Topics: , ,

Support eTeknix.com

By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest newsreviews, and competitions. Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest technology news, reviews and more. Share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you'll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!

Looking for more exciting features on the latest technology? Check out our What We Know So Far section or our Fun Reads for some interesting original features.

eTeknix Facebook eTeknix Twitter eTeknix Instagram eTeknix Instagram
  • Be Social With eTeknix

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Reddit RSS Discord Patreon TikTok Twitch
  • Features

Send this to a friend
})