1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

Azolt gCrusader Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Flynn Greenberg, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Flynn Greenberg

Flynn Greenberg Moderator Forum Mod

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Amd fx 8350
    Motherboard:
    Asus M5A97 R2
    Memory (RAM):
    8gb
    Storage:
    4 tb
    Graphics Card(s):
    MSI R9 290
    Power Supply (PSU):
    750W
    Case:
    Ennermax
    Monitor(s):
    24 inch hd 1920 x 1080
    Operating System(s):
    windows 7
    Internet Connection:
    150mg broadband
    Azolt gCrusader Gaming Keyboard

So on this occasion we will be looking at the azolt gCrusader half mechanical keyboard

With all the gaming keyboards out there both membrane and mechanical where does this one stand as a keyboard aimed at the gamer market

Now at this moment on amazon uk it is priced at around £46.74 so what do you get for this kind of pricing

To begin with as a gamer a good keyboard is a necessity and the gCrusader will not let you down, do you want a backlit keyboard with dimmable brightness levels,do you want programmable macro keys with easy recording if so then thats what you will get.

First things first the keyboard will arrive well packaged and one you open you will be greeted with a foam style package holding the keyboard,the instuction book and the hand rest for the keyboard.

Once you lay your eyes upon the gCrusader you will see what looks to be a quality product and you will not be wrong at all

In my opinion the keyboard has a slightly steampunked feel to it with the silver screws along the top and bottom and the retro volume wheel along with the orange accents from the base of the unit really help to set the keyboard apart from others.

The unit has two feet at the back and two anti slip mats on the front help to keep it in place when gaming and or typing and the hand rest which clips onto the front and does not move at all once fitted, not only that the angle of the hand rest is very ergonomical and does help when long sessions are going to happen.

So then as to build quality there is a reasuring weight to the board which gives a great feel when pressing the keys, so that with the keyboard weight and that tactile response you get with mechanical keys you feel that (pardon the pun) the force is strong with this one.

As with most mechanical keyboards you can replace the key caps with your own style which helps to make it truly your own

There is a windows lock feature so that it does not interfere when gaming which can be truly annoying when it does especially so when things are heating up in the game

There are three colour backlights these being red blue and a pinky purple colour now these can be varied in strength by using the function and page up and down keys or you can turn the colour off altogether and last but not least you can set the colours to pulse through all three by pressing function and the colour key.

Now of course you have the WASD keys but you also have them on the right on the left right up and down keys too these can be used instead of the main wasd keys temporarily by pressing function and W together and do the same to end the key swap.

You do have four macro keys to programme from M1 to M4 and this is done by pressing REC key until it flashes then press the macro you want to assign it to then press the keys you want to prog then press REC to end.

So to my thoughts is this a good keyboard does it do what you need it to do when gaming or typing well i have to give a resounding YES at the price point you get one heck of a lot for your money, you get that reasuring feel of a mech key, you get good backlighting with easy to read lettering on the keys, you get macro keys that are easy to programme, you get a steampunked styling and most of all you get a great experience using the unit itself.

The unit i received was a USA layout so bear that in mind although its not a deal breaker for me i got used to it within a few minutes

Now for the manufactures specs

Backlight Colour: blue, purple, red
    Life Span (Keystrokes): >10 million times
    Connector: USB
    USB Cable Length: ~170cm
    Weight: 1395g / 1530g (with wrist pad)
    Dimension: 50.5cm x 18.5cm x 4.5cm / 5.5cm (stand up)
    50.5cm x 22.5cm (with wrist pad) x 4.5cm / 5.5cm (stand up)
    Product Colour: Black/Blue

The Azolt gCrusader is more than a tech accessory; it's a necessity. In addition to an array of gaming specific, functional features and the best half mechanical keyboard construction, the Azolt gCrusader actually has the power to store macros and customize to your gaming preferences.

Your fingers will naturally find their place in the center of the curved key caps with a super smooth surface that is made from precision molded plastic. The unique mix of an ergonomic, low profile design and elevated keys support a healthy, neutral wrist position while improving typing precision. A built-in wrist support ramp is another thoughtful device to help you play strong through late night gaming sessions.

Simply plug the keyboard into an empty USB port and start gaming in seconds! When you plug in and power up, the backlit illuminated LED key caps will light up in red, blue, or pink, depending on the current setting, providing a dim colored glow to lighten up your gaming space. Change the color, switch to color pulse, or adjust the brightness with a single function keystroke to set the mood. The fully equipped row of illuminated function keys also adjust the volume, start or stop music, change tracks, and open several windows including the calculator, browser, and email application. With an old school style and added precision, you can also adjust the master volume to your exact preference with the rotary volume dial on the top of the keyboard.

However, there's a lot more to this keyboard than a few flashy LED lights. The gCrusader also has the power to create and store macros that you can perform with a single keystroke. Unlike other gaming keyboards, Azolt makes the best functional keyboard with the ability to transfer preset macros between computers with storage inside of the USB-equipped device itself, allowing you to unleash your gaming potential at any location.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Djolovicl

Djolovicl eTeknix Janitor Forum Mod

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4770k
    Motherboard:
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
    Memory (RAM):
    Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2X8GB
    Storage:
    Patriot Ignite 240GB, Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB
    Graphics Card(s):
    GV-N980WF3OC-4GD WINDFORCE
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750W GOLD (Modular)
    Case:
    Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Titanium Grey - Window
    Monitor(s):
    ASUS MG279Q 1440p
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 10 Pro.
    Internet Connection:
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5909046652
    I need a new keyboard real bad.

3. Flynn Greenberg

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Amd fx 8350
    Motherboard:
    Asus M5A97 R2
    Memory (RAM):
    8gb
    Storage:
    4 tb
    Graphics Card(s):
    MSI R9 290
    Power Supply (PSU):
    750W
    Case:
    Ennermax
    Monitor(s):
    24 inch hd 1920 x 1080
    Operating System(s):
    windows 7
    Internet Connection:
    150mg broadband
    I did too this my very first new keyboard ever

4. Djolovicl

Djolovicl eTeknix Janitor Forum Mod

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4770k
    Motherboard:
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
    Memory (RAM):
    Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2X8GB
    Storage:
    Patriot Ignite 240GB, Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB
    Graphics Card(s):
    GV-N980WF3OC-4GD WINDFORCE
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750W GOLD (Modular)
    Case:
    Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Titanium Grey - Window
    Monitor(s):
    ASUS MG279Q 1440p
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 10 Pro.
    Internet Connection:
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5909046652
    I go through mine like a fat kid through cake. Though this last one would have lasted a bit longer if my parrot didn't eat all the wires.

5. Flynn Greenberg

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Amd fx 8350
    Motherboard:
    Asus M5A97 R2
    Memory (RAM):
    8gb
    Storage:
    4 tb
    Graphics Card(s):