1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

So excited for Ryzen!

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by serfeldon, Jan 10, 2017.

1. serfeldon

serfeldon New Member

I am going to building a new gaming PC in the next few months. I am so excited for the new Ryzen CPUs. I am hoping the price will be a little more reasonable than Intel's x99 CPUs and probably will be if they are going to keep those loyal AMD followers happy. It is what they, and I expect, even though this will be my first AMD based system since an ancient athlon build. I was considering building a new Intel based system but then I weighed it against ZEn and held off building it. I don't need the amount of lanes offered by the x99 chipset, and I don't feel the 20 lanes offered by z170 are enough either considering the new nvme ssds use 4 lanes. From what I hear the x370 will offer 24 pcie 3.0 lanes which is just about perfect. So far the previews of Ryzen have been pretty great. Can't wait to see some reviews. Hopefully I won't need to wait much longer to build my new gaming PC.

2. Kained

Kained New Member

My only concern is the hype, like you I want this to be a success for AMD if only to shake up the market place with some competition