1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

Admin account troubles.

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Zeus, May 6, 2015.

1. Zeus

Zeus Well-Known Member

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz Stock
    Motherboard:
    ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Killer
    Memory (RAM):
    G.skill 8.0GB(2x4GB) 1600MHz
    Storage:
    WD Black 1TB
    Graphics Card(s):
    Sapphire Dual-X AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Corsair HX-750W
    Case:
    NZXT Phantom 410 Black
    Monitor(s):
    Samsung 19"
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 8.1 Build 9200
    Internet Connection:
    You Broadband
    So as the title says, I'm facing a little trouble here. I installed the uTorrent app on my PC as Norton deleted some files from it. After the installation I couldn't find it in the Program list from my Metro screen. I tried looking around and couldn't find it. I tried to uninstall it so that I could do a fresh install again and Control panel says I have insufficient rights to uninstall uTorrent. I am the admin and there is only one account on my PC. Is there anything I can do to get something like a full admin rights? Like I can do anything I want without my PC interrupting me? I use the web cautiously and I do have a Internet Security as mentioned above and I'm pretty familiar with the programs that I use on my PC. And I don't think that Windows should look after me as I can handle my PC pretty well.

2. Djolovicl

Djolovicl eTeknix Janitor Forum Mod

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel i7 4770k
    Motherboard:
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
    Memory (RAM):
    Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2X8GB
    Storage:
    Patriot Ignite 240GB, Crucial BX200 240GB, Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB
    Graphics Card(s):
    GV-N980WF3OC-4GD WINDFORCE
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750W GOLD (Modular)
    Case:
    Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Titanium Grey - Window
    Monitor(s):
    ASUS MG279Q 1440p
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 10 Pro.
    Internet Connection:
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5909046652
    Not sure if Norton can prevent you from uninstalling, or maybe it deleted the uninstall file and windows is just throwing that message out because files are missing.

Did you try disabling Norton and installing uTorrent again (without uninstalling it). Also why are you using uTorrent? I seem to recall uTorrent installing bitcoin mining malware along with everything else.

If all fails, go in to safe mod and try uninstalling/installing it there. Also, try a different torrent client, Norton didnt delete those files for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellgador

Hellgador Member

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel I7 4770K
    Motherboard:
    MSI Z87-GD65
    Memory (RAM):
    Corsair Vengeance 16Gb (2x8) 1600Mhz (Red)
    Storage:
    Samsung 840 Pro 250Gb (OS + software) , WD Black 1Tb x 2 (Raid 1) + seagate 700Gb(win 10 versioning)
    Graphics Card(s):
    MSI GTX 760 2Gb OC
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Corsair HX750
    Case:
    Corsair 300r
    Monitor(s):
    BenQ xl2411z + HP 2310e
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 10 Pro
    Internet Connection:
    120 Mbps / 10 Mbps
    Don't even bother installing ĀµTorrent for the reasons djolvicl mentionned, it's probably that same bitcoin mining bit which norton blocks (aside the tracking cookies / ... girls looking for... adds & other spam) . Try Deluge or qBittorrent instead faster & more lightweight.

For the admin problem bit google uac and it will give you a windows support page with all the admin info you'll need ;).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zeus

Zeus Well-Known Member

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz Stock
    Motherboard:
    ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Killer
    Memory (RAM):
    G.skill 8.0GB(2x4GB) 1600MHz
    Storage:
    WD Black 1TB
    Graphics Card(s):
    Sapphire Dual-X AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Corsair HX-750W
    Case:
    NZXT Phantom 410 Black
    Monitor(s):
    Samsung 19"
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 8.1 Build 9200
    Internet Connection:
    You Broadband
    As it seems, Norton did delete the files and the Programs and Features tab was just showing that error because there were no files. So, I managed to get it out of my system with CCleaner. Thanks again for the help. And I managed to install the legacy version (2.2.1) of Utorrent without the mining software or the adware crap.

Well, it might be that the mining part was blocked by the Norton resulted in Norton deleting the whole uTorrent files. Anyways, I got uTorrent 2.2.1 without any of their adware or other potentially harmful software.
    I gave Deluge a try, but I still was used to uTorrent from the beginning than Deluge, so had to come back to this. Anyways, thanks for the help. :)

• Like Like x 2