1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

Avantek weather Station AG-25C

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Flynn Greenberg, May 31, 2015.

1. Flynn Greenberg

Flynn Greenberg Moderator Forum Mod

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Amd fx 8350
    Motherboard:
    Asus M5A97 R2
    Memory (RAM):
    8gb
    Storage:
    4 tb
    Graphics Card(s):
    MSI R9 290
    Power Supply (PSU):
    750W
    Case:
    Ennermax
    Monitor(s):
    24 inch hd 1920 x 1080
    Operating System(s):
    windows 7
    Internet Connection:
    150mg broadband
    Today we are looking at the Avantek weather Station AG-25C
    Price about £25 UK
    AVANTEK AG-25C Wireless Weather Station Forecaster Thermo-Hygrometer with Alarm Clock Calendar Functions and Outdoor Sensor.

Official write up
    Do you want to know how the weather develops during the day? With a quick look at the weather symbols on this AVANTEK Weather Station, you are immediately in the picture. Because of its elegant and fashionable design, the AVANTEK Weather Station can even become an eye-catching decoration in your home or office.

Unique and Elegant Design with Acrylic Display Panel

The weather station will look like an elegant accessory in your home or office. With its classic white cover, color icons with an LED backlit illumination and acrylic display panel, the unit provides an extremely clear display, easily readable for both young and elderly people.

High Accuracy of Temperature & Humidity Measurement

The wireless sensor has a range up to a maximum of 330 ft (100 m). The sensor can be set up outside your home or office and will measure the outdoor temperature and humidity, and periodically transmit the accurate data to the indoor console. The console displays the current indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity.

Indoor temperature range: 14~122 °F (-10~50 °C)
    Outdoor temperature range: -4~140 °F (-20~60 °C)
    Humidity range: 20%~90%
    Temperature accuracy: ± 2.7 °F (1.5 °C)
    Humidity accuracy: ± 5%

Multi-functions Help Schedule Your Day

The easy-to-read information from the AVANTEK Weather Station helps you to schedule your day. Put away your ordinary thermometer, calendar, clock and alarm, because this weather station combines all these functions in one place:

In / out temperature (°F or °C) and humidity (% RH), with min / max values
    Calendar and alarm clock setting with a snooze function
    12-hour weather forecasting with 4 options: Sunny, Partly Cloudy, Cloudy or Rainy
    7 languages to choose from as well as a 12 / 24 hour time display

My review is as follows.

The weather station arrived well packaged as always from Avavtek.

Inside the box

The main display unit
    The external transmitter
    A mains plug
    Instructions
    Customer service card

So first things first, I had to make a decision as to whether to use the mains power or batteries, (mains power, the display stays on and with battery the display goes off after about 20 seconds).

I chose to use batteries so that i caould have the display off when not needed (3xaaa batteries) and (2 x aaa batteries) in the transmitter.

One thing i urge you to do is actually read the instuctions as being a man i chose to power everything up and get on with it , well that was a mistake as i could not get a reading from outside simply because i did not set the unit up correctly.

Once set up as it should be, all worked perfectly and let me tell you the display is great not too bright nor too dull its very easy on the eyes indeed
    also with the date and time being displayed it functions as a very nice clock too the temps can be displayed in celsius or farenheit and also shows humidity both indoor and outdoor.

One thing i did not like is that the unit does not have batteries included so bear this in mind you will need up to 5 AAA batteries if not using mains power
    All in all though a great multi-functional unit that i really do like also i would prefer a screw in system for the outdoor sensor as it could be easily removed i chose to use zip ties on mine to keep it where i wanted it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. Djolovicl

Djolovicl eTeknix Janitor Forum Mod

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel Celeron 3205U @ 1.50 GHz
    Memory (RAM):
    4GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Storage:
    SSD M.2 SATA3 128GB Team Lite Type 2242
    Graphics Card(s):
    Intel HD Graphics
    Monitor(s):
    ASUS MG279Q 1440p
    Operating System(s):
    Chrome OS - Version 60.0.3112.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Internet Connection:
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6654687385.png
    Now this, this is something i need.

3. EdG

EdG New Member

Any idea where the is the manual for this? I'm having trouble getting the month to display before the date. It took me awhile to figure out the Fahrenheit vs Celsius, so thought I'd ask here.