1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

Battle of the Titans!

Discussion in 'Antec' started by Ace Modder, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Ace Modder

Ace Modder Active Member

Hi guys.

When you think of high end PSU's there really are only two options on the market.

Corsair AX1500i PSU or the Antec HCP 1300w.

Decisions can be a difficult thing, which is best?

There isn't really an definitive answer here, as both units are so excellent.
    This is proven by the Johnny Guru reviews.

Antec HCP 1300w review 9.9 out of 10. Lost 0.1 of a point purely down a a limited manual

Corsair AX1500i review 10 out 10.

So based on the actual products both scored a 10 out 10 ignoring the manuals.

There are other reviews on both of these units and all the reviews are very similiar in nature loving both products as top class amazing units.

So what do this mean? Well it means that the best two PSU's on the market are Corsair AX1500i or the Antec HCP 1300w. Both units offer 80 Plus Platinum efficiency and both units offer enough power for 99.9% of users needs.

So which one should you pick? I would suggest that this would boil down to pricing now.
    Corsair AX1500i PSU price is £329.99 at OcUK.
    Antec HCP 1300w PSU price is £209.99 at OcUK.

In regards to this the Antec is the clear winner, however you may have 1 more question, the Antec is only 1300w and the Corsair is 1500w. YES, that is the official rating, firstly I would ask you to question whether your system needs more than 1300w of power, and secondly un-offfically our 1300w PSU can typically pull over 1400w of power safely, but Antec do not officially confirm that that figure, as they like to be conservative, but reviews and testing has shown that they can pull over that.

I would suggest that based on pricing and product quality combined that the Antec is the clear winner of the best high end PSU on the market purely down to all things considered.

Also Corsair seem to be having stock availability issues at the moment which also helps with the decision of which behemoth PSU should you buy!

2. Aruffell

Aruffell The Don eTeknix Staff Forum Admin

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel Core i7 3960X
    Motherboard:
    Asus Sabertooth X79
    Memory (RAM):
    16Gb G.Skill RipJawsX 2133MHz
    Storage:
    OCZ RevoDrive X2 240Gb
    Graphics Card(s):
    KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 EX OC
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Thermaltake ToughPower 1350W
    Case:
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow
    Monitor(s):
    3 x Dell U3011
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Internet Connection:
    BT 7.5Mb :(
    Send the Antec over and we'll get the Corsair and review them. Duel to the death :)