1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

Competition Winner Review

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by maforduk, Sep 29, 2015.

1. maforduk

maforduk Active Member

Hi all,

Back at Christmas last year (2014) I won the following items from eTeknix:

- Corsair - K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard
    - Corsair - SABRE RGB Optical Mouse
    - Corsair - H2100 Wireless Gaming Headset

I have to say, I LOVE THEM and here is my general review on them.

Corsair Software-
    The Corsair Utility Engine works ok but sometimes I get a pop-up stating that an update is available when I have already updated them to the latest versions which is annoying but it seems to correct itself afterwards.

Keyboard -
    Soft Cherry Red Tactile Keys are lovely, It feels a little smaller in size compared to my last keyboard so im still getting use to the buttons being so close together and I do end up pressing the wrong one now and again. The colour changing system is complicated to get use to and i'v still not worked out how to have some keys a solid colour and other keys another. I have managed to phase them in & out of colour while the rest stay a solid.
    The key lettering haven't stated to rub off or fade in anyway which is a huge plus as this happened to my previous keyboard after a short period of time. It is a bit of a dust magnet and can be difficult to clean but what keyboard isn't.

Overall - I am impressed with the keyboard and I would recommend it.

Mouse -
    Very nice to hold in the hand, buttons are soft to touch along with the mouse itself, it's very responsive and it's still working perfectly. The balance/weight of the mouse is spot on too for my personal preference, it doesn't come with any weights. The mouse hasn't faded at all and I use it everyday, there is no sign of any ware & tare.

Overall - Again, I am impressed with the mouse and I would recommend it.

Headset -
    This is my first wireless headset and I was dubious about how it would perform at first. I had a PC 350 SE Seinheiser to which they have now taken over from, purely because of the wireless factor. The sound quality is good but it's not the greatest and any deep bass can sometimes get crackly but once you have adjusted for this they work perfectly. The average use of them between charge is about 4 - 5 hours. The charge cable for me is long enough to put in to the PC and connect to the headset whilst still using them and it doesn't get in the way. Comfort wise, yeah, I can sit at my PC for hours on end, all day at times and have no issues with pain or discomfort.

Overall - My new everyday headset and love them

I hope that this is of use to some of you, I know it's not a great review of specs etc but it's just my opinion after 10 months of use.

Thanks again eTeknix for the Competition :)

2. Rik1254

Rik1254 Well-Known Member

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard:
    Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
    Memory (RAM):
    8GB Kingston Genesis 1866Mhz DDR3
    Storage:
    Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Samsung 830 128GB, 2TB WDG 64mb, 3TB Seagate 64mb
    Graphics Card(s):
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Power Supply (PSU):
    Corsair AX760i
    Case:
    Corsair Carbide 250D
    Monitor(s):
    Too many
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Internet Connection:
    FIBERRRRRRRRRR
    A great little analysis there :)

What's the wear like on them? I've had my K90 for a few years now and only in the last few months has it started showing signs of wear on the space bar.

3. maforduk

maforduk Active Member

Amazing, I have no sign of wear anywhere on the keyboard and I game every day! WASD etc Keys are pristine still :)

4. Sir-diealot

Sir-diealot Active Member

Congratulations to you, nice prizes

5. manguit0u

manguit0u New Member

congratz i hope soon my life change like this, for real

6. HardcoreGamerBronx

HardcoreGamerBronx Active Member

Good to see the one I lost to is not a loser. We need more people like you who actually take the time to appreciate what they've won, and post reviews about it for other users to get a glance of the winner's experience.
    Lovely stuff. :D