1. Welcome to the eTeknix Forums Guest. Please register or login and remember to read the forum guidelines to make your stay as pleasant as can be.

Win a Cooler Master Upgrade Bundle Worth £330!

Discussion in 'Competitions and Giveaways' started by pdonnell, Dec 12, 2016.

1. adamdavid

adamdavid Active Member

Latest update on the whole Cooler Master debacle. I excitedly dismantled my current system to transfer it to my shiny new case and to my shock and dismay there are some bits missing!! A couple of expansion slot covers (not a big deal) but the mounting bracket for the PSU is missing, so my PSU can't be secured within the case!!

Once again my joy and excitement has turned to dismay because Cooler Master have got it wrong. I think the case they sent me must be a press model because some of the motherboard standoffs were installed already and they aren't all the same colour. I'm guessing a reviewer somewhere has the PSU bracket and expansion slot covers. I suspect it's not a retail version as it came in a brown cardboard box rather than the full colour printed box retail versions come in.

Cooler Master also sent a lesser model of cooler - the sent the Master Liquid 240 rather than the Master Liquid Pro 240. Not a big deal, but since I'm moaning (again) I thought I'd mention it.

Come on Cooler Master - can't we just get this sorted? :(:mad:

2. SimpleCookie

SimpleCookie Well-Known Member

Show PC Specs
    CPU:
    Intel Core i5 4690K 3,5 GHz, 6MB, previously CPU Core i5 2500K
    Motherboard:
    MSI Z97S SLI-Plus, previously MSI P67A-GD65, P67, ATX B3
    Memory (RAM):
    Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz/VENG
    Storage:
    Samsung SSD EVO 850-Series 500GB and HD1TB WD SATA-600 64MB, Caviar Black
    Graphics Card(s):
    MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TwinFrozr, previously EVGA GeForce GTX 570 SC
    Power Supply (PSU):
    BeQuiet 700 W, previously XFX Core Edition 650W 80+ Bronze (RMA'd)
    Case:
    Kab Fractal Design Define R3/BLACk
    Monitor(s):
    ROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Operating System(s):
    Windows 8.1 Professional N 64bit
    Internet Connection:
    100/100 Fiber
    Afaik man, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope Cooler Master shows us their astonishing fan support and helps you out like in the ideal case

3. adamdavid

adamdavid Active Member

Ok. Final update (hopefully). Got the case registered with Cooler Master and raised a support ticket with customer services. A short exchange of messages to clarify which bits were missing and they were sent out and received today. It's taken a while but I consider it all sorted. I think the summary of Cooler Master is this: great products, great customer support, disorganised PR/marketing team. :)